I’ve been playing around with Docker (more specifically with SQL Server on Linux) the beginning of 2017 to see if indeed I can “Build, Ship, Run, Any App Anywhere” and will be putting together a series of how-to’s and issues experienced so you guys don’t spend the countless hours trying to investigate and work out what is going on when things do not work.
I’ll be adding links to this main page as and when new posts are added as a central point of reference.
- Docker and SQL Server – Useful links
- Introduction to Docker – Slides and Demo’s
- Docker – SQL on Linux image tag has changed!
- Workaround for – The transaction log for database ‘master’ is full due to ‘NOTHING’ – Docker
- Docker for Windows -SwitchDaemon easily
- Merge image layers in Docker using –squash
- Docker Demo Videos on YouTube
- Creating a Power BI demo environment with SQL Server 2019 on Linux in a Docker Container as the data source
- CI/CD with Docker and Azure DevOps Part 1: Creating our database Project
- CI/CD with Docker and Azure DevOps Part 2: Creating an Azure DevOps Pipeline
- Database CI/CD with Containers and Azure DevOps (Demo’s – YouTube)
- Azure DevOps – Job Dependencies
- Upgrading AKS to higher than v1.13.10
- Minikube / SQL Server Issues Log
- Kubernetify Your Containers Series